From the earliest days of artificial intelligence research in the 1950s, the field of computer vision moved forward with its eyes on the prize: enabling computers and systems to capture and interpret meaningful information from image and video data.
Modern advances in computing power have accelerated visual AI innovation like never before. Today, visual AI is seamlessly woven into our daily lives. We unlock our phones securely using facial recognition. We deftly maneuver through rush-hour traffic in self-driving cars. We improve health outcomes using medical imaging equipment that pinpoints signs of disease better than the human eye. And during the global pandemic, visual AI solutions helped detect and enforce safer work environments. Visual AI has arrived—proving how beneficial, convenient, and effective it is for high-value tasks.
The future of visual AI for industry
Although visual AI-driven applications are already doing incredible things, bear in mind that 90% of the tools, resources, and services for accelerating computer vision product development are less than five years old. Market demand and technology improvements are converging rapidly to fuel transformational change across key industry sectors over the current decade.
Enterprise operations will benefit from the significant process improvements and untapped value made possible by computer vision deployments. With billions of camera systems deployed worldwide, including drones, home surveillance systems, CCTV cameras, and mobile phones, novel applications of computer vision technologies to solve business problems are predicted to mature rapidly this decade, as seen in these eye-catching figures:
- By 2023, more than 50% of all data analysis by deep neural networks will be at the point of capture in an edge system, a significant increase from less than 5% in 2019.
- By 2025, video analytics will be a standard element in two-thirds of new video surveillance installations, compared with less than 30% in 2020.
- By 2025, 80% of mass production facilities will employ advanced machine vision-based quality assurance (QA), compared with just 5% in 2021.
- By 2030, the global computer vision market size is projected to reach $41.11 billion, reflecting a 16% CAGR since 2020.
Introducing SparkCognition Visual AI Advisor
Last month’s strategic acquisition of Integration Wizards, a leader in visual AI, added proven, world-class visual intelligence capabilities to SparkCognition’s dynamic IP portfolio of AI-powered industry solutions. We are excited to bring computer vision technology to your existing CCTV feeds, drone footage, handheld video devices, and more with our highly scalable, enterprise computer vision product, SparkCognition Visual AI Advisor.
Visual AI Advisor helps industrial organizations detect critical safety, security, visual inspection, productivity, and situational awareness problems from image and video data—transforming ordinary camera infrastructure into an intelligent visual analytics and alerts platform.
How Visual AI Advisor works
SparkCognition Visual AI Advisor works with your existing CCTV cameras and comes with more than 125 plug-and-play use cases with the ability to customize as desired.
Deploying in days with a low-code/no-code integration framework, it consolidates all your video feeds into a single, easy-to-use view of your operations. It allows you to operationalize proactive monitoring so you can analyze and correct problems before they happen and unlock value from visual data, in order to:
- Increase productivity—visually track and analyze everyday use cases like vehicle utilization, loading efficiency, quality inspection, etc., to improve utilization.
- Reduce accidents—transition from reactive to proactive corrective actions to eliminate preventable safety incidents before they happen.
- Strengthen security—enact visual AI-enabled security measures using facial recognition. Detect and alert on instances of unauthorized access or suspicious activity.
- Ensure PPE compliance—monitor and enforce proper use of hard hats and other personal safety equipment, hygiene, equipment usage, etc.
With its proprietary capability to understand and react to complex scenes and multi-frame activities layered in with configurable role-based alerts via your web dashboard, mobile app, email, text, or on-site notification, Visual AI Advisor helps you automatically detect and respond to a wide variety of instances like stock-outs in stores, fire alerts, security breaches, safety non-compliance, and hundreds more.
Learn more about Visual AI Advisor
Using Visual AI Advisor to see and understand your operational environment in real time, you can benefit from today’s most advanced computer vision technology to increase productivity, reduce accidents, strengthen security, and ensure PPE compliance for your organization.
In the coming weeks and months, we look forward to spotlighting the full range of use cases Visual AI Advisor serves out-of-the-box and the powerful ways you can leverage our technology platform behind it—SparkCognition Visual AI Studio. In the meantime, be sure to familiarize yourself with the following:
- Read our ebook: Unlocking the Operational Value of Visual AI
- Read our case study: Delivering Real-Time Fire Safety with AI-Powered CCTV
- Download our Product sheet: AI-Powered Monitoring and Analytics to Manage Risk and Drive Operational Excellence
Questions about how Visual AI Advisor can help your organization enhance safety, security, visual inspection, productivity, or situational awareness? Contact us today.